Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 5 Eats

Breakfast (mostly all week): corn flakes, rice milk, and bannana
Lunch: leftovers or corn chowder
Dinner: beans beans and more beans

But last night I has a wonderful meal



Thank you mother... Brown rice with sauteed vegetables in a delicious marinara I have never tried before, mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil
Why do things always taste better when someone else makes it and then does the dishes?


So this marinara- all organic, label says its from San Fran (not too far from us), surprisingly good (I'm not normally fond of the premade tomato sauces due to their tomato paste taste, I am a fan of their convenience though!), you could actually taste the onion in it.  And, well, its from Costco.  The company's website is: www.davesgourmet.com
ps- I have only been eating beans for days, so if in reality this sauce is not the oasis of deliciousness I am describing, you can understand why


  
Oh... my lovely husband is away at a seminar this weekend and the little one and I had the bed all to ourselves- I had so much room although I was battling the cats for it all night.  

On a different note: My dear friend Xanadu got me hooked on facebook, which is now my new obsession.  Somehow I make time for all the unimportant things in life and no time for things like long hot showers and sleep.  Are you dear blogworld hooked too?

1 comment:

margysaur said...

I'm sending canned frosting vibes to you, sister. Good luck on your awful diet experiment. I can't believe you won't be eating crazy vegan food with me in San Fran, but maybe we'll find some red bean palace to grab you something. I'm so excited to see you guys!!!! Oly was looking so OLD in the pics you sent today. Fuck. It's been too long.