Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 4 of a diet void of soy


Well, I ate red beans for three days.  I froze the rest of them- I couldn't eat anymore!  
I managed one more meal of corn tortillas, beans, brown rice, and a stir-fry of yam, sweet potato, onion, and other stray veggies before I banished the beans to the depths of the freezer.
 










Last night we were nourished with delicious yellow mung bean dal (thank you mom).  I add some gluten/ soy free mini pizzas (cheese added for my dairy consumers, mushrooms leftout for my mushroom avoider, and artichokes skipped for the soyless- they were soaked in soy oil! a shame!), salad, and a dessert of baked apples.  



The apples cooked too long and the mini pizzas were dry and crumbly around the edge and undercooked in the center. 



 I used a gluten free baking mix that called for soy yogurt, which i am not eating.  I replaced it with extra rice milk- this I think is where the mini pizzas went wrong.  But... I didn't have to eat anymore red beans. Thank god.  I am going to be soaking chickpeas next (mmm... hummous, curry, what else?).  I will be entering the blogosphere for inspiration.  

No comments: