Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 2: No Wheat, Soy, or Nuts and yes I am still vegan


Baby boy has been having some skin issues, so I am doing my part in helping him out.  As I am his only sources of food, I am cutting nearly everything I eat out of my diet.  So the adventure begins!  Today is Day 2.  I soaked a big pit of red beans last night and today cooked them up into a cajun inspired stew, add a little brown rice, salad with vinaigrette and it's dinner.  For breakfast I have been indulging in coconut yogurt, corn flakes with rice milk, and fruit.  Lunch is corn chowder (16 grams of protein per serving!).  I must say I am dying for one of the pumpkin spice cupcakes with pumpkin cream cheese frosting I made over the past weekend for baby's first halloween, but I have 3+ weeks to go! Wish me luck!  

No comments: