Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blissed Out

Despite the low calories and lack of fattening good things in my diet (cupcakes, cake, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc.) , I have found a new love. Luna's and Larry's Coconut Bliss is heaven in a carton. I love it. Really, really love it. We now have the Vanilla Island, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Dark Chocolate. I didn't try the Chocolate Hazelnut due to my no nuts diet, but I have been mauwing on the vanilla and just today bought the dark chocolate. 



There is a problem though.. this deliciousness is no good for my waistline (although good on my tastebuds).



I have decided that although I am ingesting at least 60% of my daily saturated fat (wow!) it is totally worth it (assuming I can keep my intake within the serving size, usually hard with ice cream). I bought these on sale at $4.99 per carton, but the flavor is super good. They recommend to let the ice cream sit out for at least 5 minutes before inhaling which I tried once when I was super full (all other times I could not wait the whole five minutes- five minutes is way long when you are waiting for ice cream). I think it's a good idea if you can do it, otherwise it is very firm- exactly how you would imagine frozen coconut milk. The coconut flavor is pretty intense- it would make my friend Timm ill. But at least in the vanilla and the chocolate hazelnut, it is a nice complement to the other flavors. My husband even liked it, which is amazing- he's not usually big on coconut flavors. This stuff is soy and gluten free and most flavors are nut free too (yay!).  Looking forward to the dark chocolate tonight!! 

No comments: