Thursday, November 6, 2008

Country Girl Gardens



When back in Tacoma (my sort-of hometown) last May I stumbled upon Country Girl Gardens in the middle of this giant, awesome flea-market like building called Sanford and Son Antiques.  I think this maze of shopping intensity has probably been in its downtown tacoma location for some time, and I may have even been there before, but wow! this time I was truly into this place.  There are tattoo parlors, handmade clothing, retro everything, antiques, etc. etc.  

But, back to Country Girl.  Among all this chaos was this lovely little shop with beautiful organic clothes and handmade lotions and bath products.  There was a little kitchen set up right behind the counter where all the action happened.  The woman (the owner I think) in the store was super nice and had some suggestions for my expanding belly (I was almost 8 months pregnant at the time).  Anyways, not all her products are vegan (beeswax) but I bought a wonderful tin of the dark chocolate mint body butter.  Let me tell you- I'm not one to use products on my skin.  But, I want to lick this stuff right off.  The smell is so awesome I can't even believe it.  I frequently forget it's in my night stand, so that every time I find it- it's a real treat!   Anyways, check out her website  I think you would like what she has- and it's always good to support a sister with a small business.


No comments: